Jeff King, security manager at Davidson House in Reading, was given a standing ovation as he collected the Star Employee of the Year Award 2016 at the tenth annual Ward Security Star Employee Awards. As well as delivering his professional duties to the highest standards, for 14 years now King has undertaken a great deal of charity work for good causes included MENCAP and other charities, as well as local old people’s homes.
70 year-old King received his award from City of London Police Commissioner Ian Dyson; one of a number of VIP guests in attendance at the ceremony, which was held at The Grange City Hotel in the shadow of the Tower of London.
Other VIP guests presenting awards included Detective Chief Superintendent Paul Barnard from the City of London Police, Philip Jones (head of security for Westfield Europe Ltd), Steve Cook (director at the British Arab Commercial Bank) and Keith Hanson (chief exhibitor of the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London). Also in attendance were representatives from a number of clients and partners of Ward Security.
“The Annual Star Employee Awards recognise and reward staff across the business who have demonstrated the highest standards, and who have made an outstanding contribution to the reputation of Ward Security.” explained managing director Kevin Ward. “We pride ourselves on the quality of our team members, but equally we are keen to highlight examples of dedication to service that go above and beyond the call of duty. It’s not always an easy task as the standards exhibited are so high.”
Ward continued: “It’s very important that our staff know how much they are appreciated. That being so, our annual Star Employee Awards are a hugely important date in our calendar. We’re delighted that so many of our clients and partners, as well as representatives from the police, could join us this year.”
Left to Right: Ian Dyson, Sian Lloyd, Jeff King and Daryl Smith pictured at the Ward Security Employee Awards 2016
Keith Hanson, who presented a Special Recognition Award, told the audience “This is the tenth time I’ve attended the Ward Security Employee Awards, which says something about the high regard I have for the company.”
The tenth annual Ward Security Star Employee Awards were hosted by TV weather presenter Sian Lloyd, with entertainment provided by The Voice finalist Jamie Johnson and double Classical BRIT Awards nominee Faryl Smith.
The full list of award categories and winners is as follows:
- Team of the Year: Imperium 315
- Ward Belgravia Receptionist of the Year Award: Jenna Foskett (Special Commendation to Hari Bansal)
- Response Section Employee of the Year Award: Rollo Davies (Special Commendation to Dave Ellen)
- Head Office Employee of the Year Award: Hayley Graves (Two Special Commendations awarded to Alex Ambrose and Stephanie Huxtable)
- Security Officer of the Year Award: Paul Williams (Special Commendation to John Boult)
- Dog Handler of the Year Award: Joint winners Sonny Haith and John Barnet (Two Special Commendations awarded to Dennis Waterman and Gary Kennard)
- Special Recognition Award: John Bucksey
- Special Recognition Award: Mark Deeprose
- Ward Security Star Employee of the Year Award 2016: Jeff King