Lone Worker security and safety solutions specialist Connexion2 has released an updated version of its MWMP lone worker management platform.
Now “even more responsive” to customers’ requirements, the MWMP has new functionality and an updated user interface for optimum flexibility across desktop PCs, laptops and tablet devices.
The platform is a tool designed specifically to improve the management of lone workers based across a range of remote locations, offices or within the community. It also serves to further connect the disciplines of workforce management and lone worker protection in an affordable, time-effective package, in turn making it easier for managers to co-ordinate personnel and respond to new information both quickly and efficiently.
However, the updated MWMP is not just a tool for management. Lone workers with a GPS-enabled Identicom device or Identicom mobile application on a smart phone can now share information about their activities across their team or lone worker community. This can be used to assist lone worker safety as well as improve on a range of operational or social functions.
Connexion2’s MWMP management platform for lone workers
Benefits for the end user
Customers are able to use a mixture of Identicom devices across a team that’s appropriate to the level of risk or job function and integrate them with MWMP as part of a lone worker solution from SoloProtect.
This allows teams of workers to be supplied with a quality solutions package that includes devices, 24/7 alarm monitoring support and training for all users.
A real innovation on the updated version of the platform relates to the reporting options available to the lone worker manager: a raft of useful information can be accessed quickly to streamline the process of reporting around remotely-based personnel.
The Identicom lone worker device continues to be manufactured by Connexion2 in the UK and is employed across a wide range of user applications and industry sectors.
Designed primarily to reduce the impact of worker accidents and instances of verbal abuse and attack directed at lone workers, Identicom was the first device of its kind to be awarded Secured by Design status from ACPO and retains its ability to be supplied as part of a BS 8484-centric solution.
What’s new to MWMP?
• Better reporting: The new ‘Dashboard function’ lets the end user gain quick and accurate reporting on device usage by viewing a single page. This includes details of check-in status, the number of status checks, GPS positions logged and details of speeds being travelled.
• It’s now easier to digest information about a whole team – a manager can use the ‘Checkerboard’ to view up-to-date information on who’s currently working and when they were last in communication with the platform. It also allows users in the field to be filtered by their device type or a range of device status options including: Checked In or Out, Location Tracking On or Off, Low Signal, Low Battery, Moving or Not Reporting.
• Lone workers can now play a much larger role in supplying information of value across the platform. The ability to upload pictures regarding job notifications or criminal activity, tagging of specific risks or the highlighting of points of interest to share with others – the platform has moved away from simple tool for a lone worker manager and is now a point of reference for a lone worker community.
• The platform has an improved interface to optimise the user experience across a range of device formats.
• Multiple breadcrumb trails of worker movements can now be displayed on a single map view.
Updated MWMP represents a “genuine progression”
“The updated MWMP represents a genuine progression in terms of what the platform can deliver to improve operations for a business employing lone workers”, said Craig Swallow, Connexion2’s managing director.
“The power to share information with colleagues has dramatically increased. The new reporting options provide managers of lone workers with a multitude of options, thereby dramatically reducing their reporting burden around mobile workers.”
View some short videos showcasing the updated MWMP on Connexion2’s YouTube channel.
Here’s a video of the Checkerboard function on the MWMP platform
If you’d like to know more about the updated MWMP platform, or arrange a trial, contact Connexion2 on 0844 856 6606 (select SoloProtect Sales – Option 2) or e-mail: email@example.com