Pelco by Schneider Electric, one of the global leaders when it comes to intelligent video surveillance solutions, has released the Spectra Professional IR – a rugged camera ideal for transportation-focused projects, city surveillance, deployment at airports and seaports and for use in commercial markets.
The Spectra Professional IR features an ‘above the horizon’ viewing capability providing greater coverage of bridges, overpasses and building exteriors without mounting additional cameras. The camera also provides built-in IR illumination on areas of interest such as roadways, ports, parking spaces and building perimeters up to 150 metres away, thereby offering a solution for end user customers who are perhaps frustrated with the inability of typical PTZ cameras to capture key image details in poorly lit environments.
“Thanks to extensive R&D, Pelco has honed the technology to capture critical details in low light situations,” explained Todd Dunning, senior product manager at Pelco. “Spectra Professional IR also incorporates a ‘bubble-less’ design, which is a new feature for the company’s line of surveillance technology.”
Spectra Professional IR: benefits for end users
Assuring coverage of large areas, the Spectra Professional IR camera is designed for use in round-the-clock surveillance projects.
Key features include:
● ‘Look-Up’: The Spectra Professional IR can view 15 degrees above the horizon that enables customers to see areas that are difficult to view when using typical mounting locations including bridge supports and cables, higher floors of commercial buildings as well as ships at a distance from seaports
● Outstanding image quality in poorly lit areas: Primarily used for outdoor applications with poor lighting conditions, the IR technology allows operators to see details up to 150 metres away, where external visible lighting isn’t wanted or is unavailable. The technology also provides control of the illumination intensity and exposure in the camera, thereby enabling people and vehicles to be tracked with clarity wherever they move in the field of coverage, near or far
● Smart compression technology: Featuring H.265 and Pelco’s Smart Compression technology, the Spectra Professional IR lowers bandwidth and storage requirements between 30% and 70%, depending on the amount of motion in the scene. This is especially important for 24×7 surveillance
● ‘Digital Image Stabilisation’: Reducing blurring associated with camera motion, this feature allows the cameras to maintain a smooth image ideal for surveilling areas affected by high vehicle traffic or strong winds like bridges and light poles
● Simple installation: Using only one wire to connect, the Spectra Professional IR comes with three power options and an embedded hinge design, making it easy to connect to and providing greater flexibility during installation
● Full integration with VideoXpert and ONVIF-compliant VMS: Seamlessly presented in video management systems, allowing operators to easily track objects moving in the scene and zoom in for greater detail